The Lord of the Rings: Aragorn's Quest is the first videogame offering an authentic The Lord of the Rings gameplay experience designed for all ages to enjoy together. For the first time ever, The Lord of the Rings comes to the Wii, taking full advantage of the Wii-mote and Nunchuck - delivering action-packed motion-controlled gameplay.
In The Lord of the Rings: Aragorn's Quest, preparations are underway in Hobbiton for a great party to welcome Aragorn, King of Gondor, and honor Samwise Gamgee for his service during the War of the Ring. With the King’s visit imminent, Samwise’s children are eager to learn more of this great man. Samwise, now Mayor, embarks on a colorful tale of the revered warrior, Strider-as Aragorn is known in his Ranger days-and his most valiant battles.
Players assume the role of Aragorn to take on his greatest quests from The Lord of the Rings trilogy. Wielding a sword, shield, bow and spear, fans will battle enemies, lead armies and journey through a colorful and fresh rendition of Middle-earth. Players can even switch between spear and sword on horseback; taking down evil foes in a truly action-packed gameplay experience. Two-player co-op gameplay featuring Gandalf allows kids, families and friends to work together in the heart of the action.
- Extension of the LOTR Universe: Journey through Middle-earth as Aragorn and live out the heroic adventures through The Lord of the Rings trilogy.
- Intuitive Motion-Control Gameplay: Take full advantage of the Wii-Remote and Nunchuk for intuitive and immersive motion-control gameplay including swordplay, archery, spears and more!
- Attack on Horseback: Scatter the enemy and charge down the foes on horseback. While mounted, use your sword and spear to defeat assailants.
- Easy Co-Op Play: Sophisticated and novice gamers can play together with easy drop-in, drop-out co-op play. Kids, families and friends can work together as Aragorn and Gandalf to share in the experience at any time.
- Unique Second Player Features: Wield the power of Gandalf to inflict magical attacks upon the minions of Sauron and to restore and protect Aragorn, the Fellowship and goodly forces.
- Battle Familiar Enemies: Players will encounter and battle fierce creatures from The Lord of the Rings trilogy such as Orcs, Spiders and Ringwraiths.
- Unleash Special Character Skills: On the battlefield, use Aragorn’s “Battle Cry” to terrify enemies, while strengthening the player and their troops.